Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Return of the BLOG.....


Hello all - I’m back from the (blogging) dead and ready to finally get some new posts up.
My reasons for not posting recently are varied but center mostly around lots of other activities which kept me busy recently. As some readers know, I did a big recital at Peabody this past week, and rehearsals and prepping for that took a lot of time. In particular, organizing and scheduling two quintets with different members proved to be a Herculean task indeed. Fortunately, once we managed to all be in the same room at the same time the rehearsal process itself was tons of fun and musically rewarding. Another reason was the meetings and organizational efforts involved in our recent new faculty appointment here at Peabody. This is something I’m incredibly excited about and I plan to be blogging about it soon. The final reason for not blogging is simple: I got lazy and didn’t make time for it. Like almost anything, blogging is lots of fun but can also feel like work sometimes; remind anyone of practicing?....
Anyhow, watch for some new posts soon, including some book reviews and thoughts on what’s going on Peabody these days, as well as whatever else may dribble into my brain!

No comments: